Some of the nephews were asking about current SF, so I thought I would list some authors before I forget:
Charles Stross : The Atrocity Archives and The Jennifer Morgue. These two books detail the life of a British Secret Service agent who is part of the blackest ops possible. They are in charge of paranormal phenonema in a world where Lovecraftian creatures and mythos are actually true. It's been hidden from the general population. A mix of spy intrigue and weirdness. Other books by Stross are also pretty good.
The Chinatown Death Cloud Peril by Phillip Malmont. This book takes place in the 40s. Some pulp fiction radio writers run into actual pulp fiction happenings. Fun.
Science Fiction authors that I have been recently reading:
Iain Banks
Gene Wolfe
Sean McMullen
John Courtenay Grimwood
Mike Carey
William Gibson
John Scalzi (very Heinlein)
Alastair Reynolds
Scott Lynch (sort of Jack Vance like)
Dianna Wynn Jones
Paul Park
Jack Vance - Lyonesse trilogy
Cory Doctorow
China Mieville
Patrick Rothfuss
James Hynes (not really science fiction)
That's way more than enough. Look up these authors on Amazon or whatever. Sources that I use for book hunting are:
http://www.sfsite.com/
http://www.locusmag.com/
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment