Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sept 17,2017

Dear Everyone,

Last week Lucas and I got a last minute invitation to go to the Bears game with the Wallochs.  The weather was great.  We met a friend of Caroline’s who is the administrator of the radiology technicians at Lutheran General in one of the parking lots near Soldier Filed, and did some tailgating.  The game last week was surprisingly good, and the Bears had four chances to win it in the last 30 seconds.  And no, they did not win that game either.  We did see an overflight of the stealth fighter before the game began. 

 

Bears flag

 

The players run out of the bear's belly(?) past the flames

 
 Singing the antherm


jet and fireworks

I admit that I ‘enjoy’ the game more at home where I can see the plays (and speed through the commercials).  Although the Bears looked respectable last week, this week they played like everyone expected them to - -four turnovers, a poor secondary, more injuries, and a humiliating defeat.  I think Mom is going to win the big bet.

We have gone out to Highland Park 3 times over the last three weekends.  Two weekends ago was Cyrus’ third birthday, celebrated with many model cars and trucks, and birthday cake.  I wasn’t able to enjoy myself as much as I would have wished because I knew I was getting a call from the transplant people.  It came at 4:30 am.  I went in to look at the liver biopsy (it was no good), and then the surgeon came out to tell me he thought the liver would be no good (I’m thinking, why did you even bother calling me?). Of course, I was a wreck by the end of the day.

Last weekend we drove out on Saturday to have dinner with Roger while Barbara, Gail, Andy, and Harry Feiger took a trip to Utah and Nevada to see geographical formations.  We took Dad to the Prairie Grass Café in Northbrook, and had a pretty good meal. It’s where we took Barbara for a Mother’s Day brunch earlier this year.  The restaurant was pretty crowded, and Roger saw a friend of his, Mr. Tepper, who apparently has a giant wine cellar.  Since I rarely drink wine (and my price point is about $12), I was not hugely impressed.

This weekend we went out again to have dinner after the Investment Committee meeting. Cindy and Lucas drove to Northmoore to meet me and Danica Cowan, Amy Tuchler, Owen, Alison, Mark Russ, Andy, Gail, and of course Barbara and Roger.  Another good dinner!

Not much new on the martial arts front.  I had a short break in tai Chi because my instructor was on a two week grand tour of China.  I think he has mixed feelings about what he experienced there, but when I saw him this Saturday he was still jet lagged. There is an aikido seminar next weekend, of which I will participate for two days (Friday and Sunday) only, because my pathology partnership is having a party at Arlington Park on Saturday. 

Work is hanging on as it usually is.  I seem to be collecting a lot of hard neuro cases lately that require second opinions.  I have another sitting on my desk right now waiting for some additional test results before I send it out.  I’m sure more will come.

Love, H


Jasper just turned 20, and Meeko turned 13!

No comments: