Dear Everyone,
The four days of Thanksgiving are now complete! For the record (since many of you were
there): Day 1 was casual pizza at Barbara’s.
Day 2; Thanksgiving dinner at Barbara’s with three turkeys, and many
delicious pies. Day 3 was chili and fire pit s’mores at Gale’s, and Day 4 was
sort of middle-eastern food (lamb burgers and lamb sausage) that was mostly due
to the Herculean efforts of Cindy. Lots of
alcohol was imbibed, and many board games played, amongst them Shadow Hunters, Azul, and Werewords.
Speaking of meals, last Sunday Cindy and I went to Tank Noodle in the Broadway/Argyle area
where we were joined by Nicola and Wes, as well as several people from my
aikido dojo. This meal was supplied to
us by Hung Tran, one of my aikido students - - who snagged a table for ten at a
very busy restaurant, and also ordered the food, which included: Vietnamese
shrimp rolls, roasted quail on watercress salad (truly excellent), shrimp on
lotus root salad with shrimp crackers, duck salad with ginger-fish sauce, and a
marinated pork chop with tripe on rice.
Hung picked up the tab, which surprised me, because I thought I was
going to do it. Now Cindy and I have to
think of a local restaurant to take him and his wife, Mimi. Hung lives sort of nearby, in Palos, so we
ought to find something without the long drive to NE Chicago.
Earlier in the week we had a post IC meeting, where Andy and
I received birthday presents. I got some
coloring books by Chuck
Palahniuk, gin and a neat woolen scarf.
Jasper left today for Pittsburgh ahead of the advancing
storm, and we hope Lucas will make it back to Denver tomorrow in the
aftermath. They will both be back in a
few weeks for Xmas, where they will go to Albany with Cindy, and then to
Florida. I will stay at home with Meeko
for all of it, since I couldn’t get away from work this year. In fact, I had to go in today because of the
disrupted holiday schedule. I had several interesting cases waiting for me,
most spectacular a case of a patient with extra nodal Rosai-Dorfman
disease. This poor woman has up to
seven extra-axial (between the skull and the brain) lesions mimicking meningioma. The surgeons took out the largest one, but I
don’t know what, other than more surgery, they will do for her.
Since I saw almost everyone over the last couple of days, I
don’t have anything more to say.
Love
H


1 comment:
Seen them both and I agree, worth seeing.
Post a Comment